- Selecting a Program
Your MBA Decision: How to Find the Right MBA Program for You
A lot of factors must be considered when weighing your options for an MBA program.
If you’ve just graduated with a bachelor’s degree, ask yourself the following questions:
- What industry am I interested in?
- What kind of job do I want to have in three to five years? What are the salary ranges?
- Can I afford this right now?
- What are the top three things I’m hoping to get out of my MBA program?
- Who (in my network) can help me explore industries and jobs?
- What kind of MBA experience do I want—full time, part time, cohort?
If you’re already working but would like to advance (or switch) your career, ask yourself the following:
- Will my current employer support my decision to go back to school?
- What excites me about my current job? What do I find exciting about other industries?
- What am I truly passionate about?
- Am I ready for the time (and financial) commitment that earning an MBA requires?
- Will earning my MBA help me advance in my current role?
- What are the top three things I want to get out of my MBA program?
- What kind of MBA experience do I want to have—full time, part time, cohort?