1. Emphasizing effective teaching in an environment with ample opportunities for academic and professional engagement by students and faculty;
2. Promoting excellence in teaching with a student-centered educational environment, including a small-class atmosphere and a caring faculty;
3. Instilling ethical development, integrity, an entrepreneurial spirit and social responsibility (for example, sustainability) in students;
4. Recognizing the contribution of others through intellectual and external interactions, engagement opportunities, collaboration, freedom of thought, and freedom of expression.
5. Engaging business practitioners, alumni, students, as well as community leaders to consider their input for enhancing our programs;
6. Continuously improving academic programs, student support activities, and service to the community, including a concentration and minors in entrepreneurship;
7. Seeking quality, efficiency and innovation in our efforts;
8. Collaborating with community partners sustaining our community; and
9. Commitment to providing opportunities for student and faculty engagement.